Toyota Starlet-Tercel-Paseo Hybrid

Специални проекти и ъпгрейди - AE86. Фотогалерии за фенове, тунинговани модели, рали шампионати, формула
Публикувай отговор
ugabuga
Обратна връзка:

dyno tuning -> 201 whp

Мнение от ugabuga » 12 Сеп 2006 00:54

poveche info kato se pribera ot rabota :)
4efte powered tercel (201 whp @ 14psi)

ugabuga
Обратна връзка:

Мнение от ugabuga » 12 Сеп 2006 07:00

znachi zakarah dnes kolata na dyno-to. picha za okolo polovin chas ia izcentri. kolata pravi 201whp na koleletata i 158lbft torque. Torque curve-a e mnogo flat. pochti prez celia diapazon e 150, koeto e prekrasno :)

shte skaniram i shte pusna utre.
Последно промяна от ugabuga на 13 Сеп 2006 18:55, променено общо 1 път.

Аватар
Drifter
Обратна връзка:

Мнение от Drifter » 12 Сеп 2006 17:50

Браво,сериозна машинка си си спретнал :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ugabuga
Обратна връзка:

Мнение от ugabuga » 13 Сеп 2006 16:35

Eto dyno sheet-a

Изображение

Shte paste-na tova koeto sam pisal na nashia forum da ne go pisha nanovo:

okay so let me continue my story. So i took the car and rushed to work. It drove very nice but u know me. I didnt go all out till I had the chance to hook my laptop to my wideband and see what's happening. I also wanted to what settings he put in emanage. The main reason for that was that i later found out they dont have an EGT probe or knock sensor (I dont know if other dynos do but still i consider those essential for tuning timing). I was like - "how can he set the timing right if he doesnt have those 2 tools?"

I dont have the emanage cable any more (returned it to Ryvix) so I plugged in my E-01 and looked at the data - timing - completely blank! damn ... but i'm like ok. The car made 200 whp without timing adjustment so whatever. Then i looked at boost cut - 5V?! huh, he didnt set my boost cut - i can do that no biggie. Then I looked the fuel map ... seems ok except he used Absolute Pressure and I usually use Greddy Sensor Voltage cause i log that with my wideband. oh and no values over 170kPa. I think to myself - the car myst get very rich at that point or may be 170 is very high boost (i didnt know how many PSI that's off the top of my head).

Sooo i get in and get on the turnpike to test without traffic. And then ... I GET NAAAASTY lean conditions after 10psi!! I pull over immediately I add 40% or so to the blank values over 170kPa and still very lean!!

I'm going crazy, all worried and angry that I just spent $450 on this. I decide to lie down to relax and as I'm lying down I get this great idea!! Let me see if he saved the tune file!!! Cause the guy used my laptop. his wouldnt connect right.

GUESS WHAT!! HE DID!!! AND IT DIDNT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE WHAT I HAD! THE STUPID E-01 LOADED AN OLD TUNE FILE WHEN I CONNECTED IT!!

here's the emanage file btw, in case anyone needs it. bear in mind that i did make some changes afterwards which i think made it better:

http://ecocomplex.rutgers.edu/~hkourtev ... ixtune.GSC

So I put in all the values that the guy had set - The car drives MUCH better! I feel safer now ... but I plug in my wideband again, JUST TO BE SURE!

BTW here's the fuel map. I tried to colorit just so you can see trends a little better:

Изображение

Everythin is ok except for some lean conditions when I am cruizing in high gear/low rpms and start getting boost slowly as the RPMS rise (see below):

Изображение

Then Following are consecutive pulls that I did, making small adjustments each time:

Still Kind of lean:
Изображение

Still a little lean:
Изображение

Better but if you look to the left of the line it's a hair too lean for my taste around 4000 rpm
Изображение

Things are looking very good now. Notice the long pull. Btw my boost is unstable but we'll talk about this a little later.
Изображение

Last pull. Very nice. Although AFR gets rather rich right after I shift gear i'd rather have that than a lean condition+boost spike = detonation = blown head gasket
Изображение

So here is the fuel map after I was done with it. The values marked in purple are the ones I changed:

Изображение

Here are also some 3D charts of the fuel map for those interested:

BEFORE:
Изображение

AFTER:
Изображение

I think it looks a lot smoother.
oh and here is the excel file which contains all the colored tables and the 3d charts:
http://ecocomplex.rutgers.edu/~hkourtev ... ttings.xls

ugabuga
Обратна връзка:

Мнение от ugabuga » 13 Сеп 2006 16:48

So now ... lets take care of the problems:

My boost goes up smooth then bounces around. I've tried to stabilize it by playing with the duty cycle and gain but no luck.

The guy was supposed to tune at 16psi. he had the boost set at 76% duty and 6 gain. That made the boost fluctuate around 12-14psi ... so you can say my car made 201whp at about 12-14psi. I believe that's also why the torque curve and inherently the hP curve are so wavy.

Right now i have the boost set at 80% duty and 6 gain which gives me a couple more pounds of boost. I'll play with it more.

Sometimes the car will seem to bog down and stay at around 10 psi and then bounce around a few times and boost will go up. Is that a sign of my boost controller dealing with a spike? The weather was rather cool last night. At that same time it would get very rich (10 or so like you can see on the graphs). I thought that's the reason but after examining it carefully the rich condition starts a fraction of a second AFTER the boost drops to 10. so it must be the controller right?

another thing. The guy set my FPR TO 47 or so with the vacuum hose connected. So at WOT and 0psi it's over 50 i think (i have to disconnect the hose and check) and then add 15lb boost ... i think the pressure might be a little high.

Also i put my walbro back in there and it's whining. It has this whirling, sometimes whinign sound. Is this normal?

And that's about it. everything else seems to be as close to perfect as possible.

Аватар
V35GTR
Обратна връзка:

Мнение от V35GTR » 13 Сеп 2006 18:41

:thumbsup: samo triabva da vidite zashto boosta ne constant..
Shift_Изображение
Supra vs Skyline
Japanese_fever написа: Обещавам да не се отклонявам от темата и да...

del_sol_fen

Мнение от del_sol_fen » 13 Сеп 2006 21:01

bravo ugabuga, abe triaa da chuesh na sando fuel pump-a, ako se vslushash ia chuvash vseki put kato podadesh gaz !!!!!! laugh.gif

Аватар
LordDigital
СупраДжия

Мнение от LordDigital » 13 Сеп 2006 21:01

Евалата ,много добър PowerBand ,особеннно Torque Curve за тоз малък мотор!

Какво имаш на User-a? И кви са тез Логове без TPS ,ша те таковам у Инжонер000000000000000000
Изображение

ugabuga
Обратна връзка:

Мнение от ugabuga » 13 Сеп 2006 22:05

user-a mi e greddy map sensor voltage - toi e ot 0-3.5V

niama TPS shtoto moia tps e s 3 jici - on off switch/binary = 00, 01 i 11 :)
niama kvo da mu logvam

Аватар
Japanese_fever
Автомобил: 2014 Toyota Zelas
Получена  благодарност: 1 път

Мнение от Japanese_fever » 22 Окт 2006 03:10

6to ne kazva6, 4e si slojil novi djanteta??? happy.gif
2014 Toyota Zelas, 2.5L VVT-i (2AR-FE), 6-speed

България ще се оправи тогава, когато всички, които са свалили катализаторите си - ги сложат обратно!

ugabuga
Обратна връзка:

Мнение от ugabuga » 22 Окт 2006 03:37

hehe, shtoto ne sam :) s tia janti si karam ot pochti 1 godina veche biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

ugabuga
Обратна връзка:

Мнение от ugabuga » 01 Апр 2007 23:42

opa da se pohvalia s novata pridobivka - strut tower bar ot Starlet EP82 i nov valve cover :)

Изображение

Аватар
LordDigital
СупраДжия

Мнение от LordDigital » 02 Апр 2007 07:27

Гъзар:)

Моя strut tower bar явно нема да доиде никога ,КуСкУ очевадно ги немат и във япония... стари коли еиии
Изображение

Аватар
poli
Обратна връзка:

Мнение от poli » 02 Апр 2007 17:07

Супер е :thumbsup:
Защо ти е толкова голям всмукателния колектор,ти ли си го правил?
КЕФ ЦЕНА НЯМА

1.Тoyota Glanza V Turbo-290ps-RHD
2.Toyota Previa-156ps-LHD
3.Toyota Corolla AE86-165ps-LHD
4.Mazda RX7 FD-500ps-RHD
5.Subaru Justy 68ps-LHD

ugabuga
Обратна връзка:

Мнение от ugabuga » 02 Апр 2007 20:16

poli написа:Супер е :thumbsup:
Защо ти е толкова голям всмукателния колектор,ти ли си го правил?
ela po blizo i shte ti kaja ...
za da .... moga da te iziam!

haha :) kato ot chervenata shapchica, zagria li ? :-P

kakto i da e. Kolektora e tolkova goliam zashtoto e ot 5efhe. ACIS sistema sas 8 runner-a (kato T-VIS) ama az karam sas 8-te otvoreni postoianno. Po goliam obem e dobre za turbo taligi poradi po dobria response zashtoto kato otvorish throttle ima dosta vuzduh koito si e veche tam i ima kvo da smuche doakto doide nov vuzduh ... ili pone taka e na teoria. Kolko faida ima ot nego ne moga da ti kaja.

Публикувай отговор